Old Doms Talking
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Today v Bromsgrove

4 posters

Go down

Today v Bromsgrove Empty Today v Bromsgrove

Post  rolex Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:54 pm

Interesting match. Kath Adie was MOM for me in reality - good bowling stern resistance. I have to say though I am very disappointtted (which is not spelled correctly) by the attitude of the hosts. Who was that Gobby pratt who bowled and batted for them, as well as a display of rather childish behaviour from a nameless Bromsgrove regular who should have known better. I victory for the Doms, though the stats will differ - we didn't stoop to their level (other than me asking that muppet for a fight after the match), well done the Doms.

Rolex.

rolex

Back to top Go down

Today v Bromsgrove Empty Yesterdays match (Bromsgrove)

Post  Wear the Helmet Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:42 am

I agree with Rob that Kath played well throughout the three main aspects of the game. I think most of the team made some good contributions but it was a bit of a hit and miss. We need obviously to improve with the batting which has been one of our strenghts and i'm sure that will sort it self out as players (the batsmen) get some form. It think the bowlers did a good all around job. Rob in my view is still tending to bowl a little short and on that wicket which was playing slow gave the batters a better chance of getting runs off Robs normal frugal bowling, but thats being particulary hard on Rob as it the first game but I'm sure he will understand what I'm saying. Mark and Tank's bowling was a bit to "ordinary" and did'nt trouble the batsmen too much but again its the first match. Its easier for me to get into a line and lenght early becuase of my pace (or lack of it). Kath impressed, bowling sharpish and accurate.

Fielding in the main was on the spot but there were odd moments of rustiness. We need to hold on to the catches as last season we spilled to many and game drifted away from us because of it. It did'nt see many catches dropped by the opposistion last season

Batting, other than Rob and a few glipes from Sammy, John and Kath it all looked a bit ordinary getting out to average balls on an average track. We all need to to better.

The teas were very good but I worry that we will see John "tanker" of milk for some weeks yet being rolled out.

A dissapointing result but we get a chance to show our hosts what we can do. if we can up out game another 10/15% we can beat them next week.
Wear the Helmet
Wear the Helmet

http://www.olddoms.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Today v Bromsgrove Empty Re: Today v Bromsgrove

Post  Steve M Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:09 pm

J Hickin - Competent in the field although needs to join the keeping union and stop throwing at Hodgy's ankles. First baller - one of those things - will improve Sad

R Rolls - Started well with the ball but let Bromsgrove youngsters get under his skin later on. Best batsman but gave it away when the last recognised batsman. Smile

S Moore - Excellent ground fielding but couldn't catch a cold. Started brightly with the ball then tried to hard to make things happen. Awful and unnecessary swish when batting. Neutral

J Hodgson - Solid behind the stumps. Okish start with the bat Neutral

S Morris - Not much to do in the field. Did nothing much with the bat. Sad

T Perry - Solid start with the ball and in the field. Can't buy a run at Bromsgrove. Smile

K Adie - Star player, excelling in the field and bowling an excellent line and length. Supported Rob well with the bat. cheers

M Sukumaran - Enthusiastic in the field - ' more haste less speed'. Have a guess how he was out? Neutral

A Last - Energetic in the field taking an excellent catch. His attempt at stopping the ball with a diving header was bizzare! Bowled with intelligence, letting the pitch do the work. Only has one shot these days and it didn't work! Smile

M Hunt - Competent start as Captain. One catch dropped but on the whole fielded well. Bowling looked a little rusty Neutral

D Moore - Late replacement for the President. Fielded well and showed the front line bowlers up with an accurate spell of bowling. Nice little batting cameo at the end. Very Happy

J Anstey - Turned up, Umpired, Bought gallons of milk, drank Guinness Smile
Steve M
Steve M

Back to top Go down

Post  Hodgy Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:24 am

A fair critique of the game me thinks! You don't appreciate the amount of leg side bowling from the outfield, but there was far too much than my weighted legs, groin and falling upper torso can take!!! Sort it bowlers!!
Hodgy
Hodgy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down