Old Doms Talking
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vs Erdington Court

2 posters

Go down

Vs Erdington Court Empty Vs Erdington Court

Post  Wear the Helmet Mon May 03, 2010 3:56 pm

A bit of a dissapointing batting display. Tank, Steve and Chick still seem short of form and need to get into the zone asap as we cannot afford three of our better lads to cobble less than twenty runs between them. Some silly shots but perhaps the runs will flow against Frenchay - Tank loves them.

Both Kath and Rob continue in early season all round form. Chick did well behinfd the stumps although not many balls beat the bat on that bouncy track. Mark is also looking good when bowling, and is looking good for a big wks haul this time around. Colin bowled well first time out until unfortunatly he got some batsmen out and then had to bowl at thier big hitter.

The out fielding was top draw, a few minor fumbles but nothing to moan at when you consider how cold it was.

Not bad but not good. We need to bat better. Thier bowling was not that good.
Wear the Helmet
Wear the Helmet

http://www.olddoms.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Vs Erdington Court Empty Re: Vs Erdington Court

Post  Steve M Tue May 04, 2010 9:42 am

J Hickin - We know he can bat, he knows he can bat - so why does he keep playing the same bloody awful shot!!! The next time he plays it we all need to beat him senseless with a cricket stump! No

S Morris - Promoted to open due to lack of alternatives - got a good ball but still out of touch Sad

R Rolls - Another decent effort with the bat. Needs to keep a clear head and stick to his game plan when wickets fall around him. Bowling ok, it's just not firing at present. Smile

T Perry - Big presence in the field. Yet to get going with the bat. Neutral

K Adie - Again bowled with consistancy. Batsmen chanced their arm and got lucky. Will chip in with runs this season. Excellent sandwich making! Smile

M Sukumaran - Played three of the best shots i have seen this season which makes you wonder why he plays so many french cricket shots!. We know he can do it. Should be scoring many more runs! Neutral

A Last - Nice little batting cameo featuring only one of those crap slog sweeps he has become so fond of. Even played two shots through point!!! Smile

M Hunt - Nice little bowling spell which i know he was pleased with. I still feel there is more to come. Not as dynamic and aggressive as he used to be. Good energy in the field and two safe catches. Smile

D Moore - Juggling catch early on but a quiet game thereafter. Neutral

C Hunt - Useful first spell with the ball. Poor running from his partner saw his innings cut short Smile

K Ladha - little to do. Neutral

cheers - team fielding effort!
Steve M
Steve M

Back to top Go down

Vs Erdington Court Empty Poor running...

Post  Wear the Helmet Tue May 04, 2010 12:28 pm

Did'nt run at all. The days when I am going for near suicidal runs has now past unless its key to the result. In nearly a third of my inings last season I was run out when it was not my call and did you hear me moan at all about any of them? No (LBW's maybe). If the runs there I will scamper along but given there was little point in taking the chance of a possible run out why do it? What was to be gained from the risk? One extra run on top of 125 is hardly a match winner. Its all about percentages. Ball straight to mid on and in his hands, would he throw to the keeper or bowlers end, it was 50/50, he could have thrown to the bowlers end and I would have been safe, to the keepers end I would have been struggling particulalry if it were a direct hit - no brainer. I'm surprised it caused so much tension, lets move on Sleep
Wear the Helmet
Wear the Helmet

http://www.olddoms.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve M Tue May 04, 2010 3:51 pm

my mistake - should have read "lack of running" Smile
Steve M
Steve M

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content