Old Doms Talking
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Summer BBQ 23rd July

3 posters

Go down

Summer BBQ 23rd July Empty Summer BBQ 23rd July

Post  Be Pickles of course Tue Jul 12, 2011 3:42 pm

Probably not the best place to send out an invite to a BBQ / Wedding party (whoops not supposed to mention the wedding), but here goes anyways...

Party at my house to celebrate mine and Susie's wedding. Now its all been a very hush hush secret affair. I like to think that its because Susie is concerned about how intrusive the paparazzi will be but more likely its just because she's embarrassed she's marrying me but either way Susie and I are getting married on Sat 16th July (sorry not free for cricket that weekend) and are throwing a small party at our house on Sat 23rd too celebrate the fact. I'd love for any Old Doms to come along all more than welcome, I'd just need to know some numbers. So if you fancy burnt meat, free beer then just give me a shout and let me know.

Two further and very important Issues don't reply on Facebook as basically Susie and I have told hardly anyone bar family that we are getting married, as Susie wanted a small intimate affair and I didn't want to pay for people I don't see for years on end, let alone even like. So please just reply on here for now not Facebook. And secondly and more importantly depending on how many people aren't offended by their lack of invitation to the wedding there will be a Stag do but it will be post wedding affair and hopefully some Old Doms warhorses would like a decent excuse to go out and make fools of themselves.

In simplest terms BBQ my house 23rd July. If interested let me know on here or by phone (07990 738 060) not via Facebook.

All the best,

G

PS sorry for the length of this invite, but just putting off the list of a dozen jobs Susie has given me.
Be Pickles of course
Be Pickles of course

Back to top Go down

Summer BBQ 23rd July Empty Wedding..

Post  Wear the Helmet Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:01 am

I do know of a good psychiatrist if that will help Suzie determin if she is sane enough to know what she is doing - my guess be careful she's possibly after your money, I thought it might have been your looks\sexual appitetite but then I considered it was you she was marry so the only thing it could be for was money - i wonder how much someone has paid her to marry you?

I cant go cos I'm at another wedding in Milano - my daughters!

WE will be having a BBQ sometime around 20th Aug - about 100 or so will be here - bouncy castle, hot tub etc etc will be sending ivites out to "select" Doms when the date is fixed..

Best of luck old boy...
Wear the Helmet
Wear the Helmet

http://www.olddoms.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Summer BBQ 23rd July Empty Re: Summer BBQ 23rd July

Post  Be Pickles of course Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:28 am

Milan sounds a little flahier than Pershore...just a little. No worries Lord Last.
Be Pickles of course
Be Pickles of course

Back to top Go down

Post  Steve M Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:18 pm

I am on holiday mate but have a great time on both days! Having said that I fail to see why getting married on the Saturday prevents you from playing for the Doms on the Sunday. No Perhaps you need to discuss such matters with your intended before the big day - perhaps get your commitment to the Doms written into the vows? Surely a classic Doms cricket tea would serve as the ideal wedding reception. As its a special occasion we wouldn't even make your missus wash up! Very Happy
Steve M
Steve M

Back to top Go down

Post  Be Pickles of course Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:07 am

Cheers for that Steve. No worries and enjoy your holiday.

As for not playing I did intially have my name down on the following day, however I then saw the amount of booze I'd been hoarding for it and realized I'd be good for nothing... DON'T SAY A WORD!!!!

Be Pickles of course
Be Pickles of course

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down