Old Doms Talking
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weoley Hill

3 posters

Go down

Weoley Hill Empty Weoley Hill

Post  Wear the Helmet Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:32 am

Not a bad performance but not overly a good one, must get better in all aspects of the game. I suppose the best moment was the one performed by Steve, I thought Tank refering to it as "Muppet on a String" was uncalled for.

How come we only hit one six, either thier bowlers were better than ours (they were) or our batsmen were clueless (they were), if only Hodgy, Rolex and Sammy Moore were playing....... lol!
Wear the Helmet
Wear the Helmet

http://www.olddoms.org.uk

Back to top Go down

Weoley Hill Empty Good doms team versus average league side!

Post  Pouletpoulet Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:14 am

I kind of agree with you alan, there were parts of our performance that were shocking and the inclusion of the players that you mention might have made a difference. But we will come back to them. As for the players that played last night most will play week in and week out just happy in the knowledge that they having a game, wether or not we get beat like we did last night or produce a thrilling finish to the game as we saw on Sunday! Some have played at higher level and will enjoy the comfort of competiveness that our cricket brings. Others try to better ourselves every week but it is hard to do so without numbers at nets and a coach to constructively criticise and adjust techniques. What I don't agree with openly criticising and castrating players on the field of play, fair enough the bowler will get frustrated and have an outburst, but the ethos of the team is support and encourage, not berate and destroy confidence. I am not absolving myself from this type of behaviour, i'm human aswell. But the performance last night was a good effort against a side who have played league cricket for years against a team that wants to enjoy themselves even in defeat!

Rant over (not aimed at you al just you were the first post!)
Pouletpoulet
Pouletpoulet

Back to top Go down

Weoley Hill Empty Re: Weoley Hill

Post  Steve M Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:27 am

I like most of your comments chick and i am all for toning down critisism but you can't beat a good castration on the cricket pitch Very Happy . I vote we do Lasty next affraid
Steve M
Steve M

Back to top Go down

Weoley Hill Empty Re: Weoley Hill

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum