Old Doms Talking
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AGM - 2nd October 2010

3 posters

Go down

AGM - 2nd October 2010 Empty AGM - 2nd October 2010

Post  Steve M Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:12 am

The AGM will take place at 12.00hrs on Saturday 2nd October at Ye Olde Black Cross Pub in Bromsgrove (unless Mark comes back from Spain and changes it because it clashes with one of his Badminton matches!). It will be great if as many Doms as possible turn up and have their say in the running of the club.

To ensure the smooth running of the meeting and to save it from going on forever (and believe me we have some talkers in the squad!) we would ask that subjects for discussion at the meeting be flagged up in advance so that they can added to the agenda. It also ensures that members can formulate opinions before attending and hopefully will contribute to some intelligent debate.

If anyone wants to discuss anything pre AGM then this is as good a place as any so get posting....except you Lasty if it relates to match day subs! Rolling Eyes
Steve M
Steve M

Back to top Go down

AGM - 2nd October 2010 Empty AGM

Post  Halftrack Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:50 am

Being an outsider, is it alright if i can get there that i attend the agm. As i am interested in possibly joining next year? Cheers Adam
Halftrack
Halftrack

Back to top Go down

AGM - 2nd October 2010 Empty Re: AGM - 2nd October 2010

Post  Steve M Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:02 am

You are welcome to attend mate. Doms AGM's are fairly informal affairs to sort out who is doing what at the club next year. As you know we are basically just a bunch of mates with a passion for cricket. There is no membership as such (although there is every chance that Lasty will suggest this again!). We will give anybody a go and if they play the game in the right way they will get games. As you know we only play friendly matches but if you think this may suit you then come along and have a pint with us. It may give you a better idea as to whether we are the sort of club you are looking for. Smile
Steve M
Steve M

Back to top Go down

AGM - 2nd October 2010 Empty To be honest...

Post  Halftrack Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:24 am

I have played league cricket for erdington court and it is no fun! I have played against yourselves 3 times and really enjoyed it! The players are a credit to the Old Doms name. And I would love to have the opportunity to play with you all. I look forward to maybe getting the chance this year or next. But I will do my best to get to the agm. Not that i would want to side with Lasty! But I would not be against paying a membership, as it would help the club!
Halftrack
Halftrack

Back to top Go down

Post  Hodgy Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:42 am

You've gone and done it now!!!! Somebody siding with Lasty? Whatever next - teachers having a 2 week summer break? Chicken going a whole season or even game without picking up an injury? Colin saying to the skipper "take me off now skip, I'm not bowling very well"?

Just to give a balanced view - balls to membership!!! I haven't really got an argument why not!

I would say as per usual I'm working the day of the AGM, but I'm not. However I will be watching those European golfers dish out some whoop ass to their American counterparts in the Ryder Cup that day so I give formal notice of my apologies. (no that doesn't mean you can delegate any shit jobs to me as I won't be there!!)

I'm sure I will see some of you at the sixes (that's if the popes visit doesn't turn into a riot).
Hodgy
Hodgy

Back to top Go down

AGM - 2nd October 2010 Empty Rookie Mistake

Post  Steve M Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:30 pm

Adam buddy you really have got off to a terrible start!!! Siding with Lasty is a serious error of judgement which will not only alienate other members of the club but could lead to a serious lightening of your wallet! - Tip no1 - If Lasty proposes anything to do with increasing match fees, affiliation fees, membership fees or similar you must always VOTE AGAINST!!! Shocked Wink
Steve M
Steve M

Back to top Go down

AGM - 2nd October 2010 Empty Put in for overtime Hodgy!

Post  Steve M Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:33 pm

Mark is unavailable for the sixes (tapping a shuttlecock around i understand!) and the word on the street is that the Chickmeister is to be offered the job! Time and a half i think mate! Very Happy
Steve M
Steve M

Back to top Go down

AGM - 2nd October 2010 Empty Thanks...

Post  Halftrack Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:11 am

Steve for the advice about Lasty... I will remember that for the future!!! To be honest having paid membership at the court, it wouldnt be a shock! But for the sake of you guys. I now stand against it! As I dont want to upset all of the members, being a newbie!
Halftrack
Halftrack

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down